Energy Price Guarantee and Cost of Living Payments
• This particular Scheme will apply to England, Scotland and Wales.
• A parallel scheme, based on the same criteria and offering comparable support, but recognising the different market fundamentals, will be established in Northern Ireland.
• From 1 April 2023 until 31 March 2024 the typical household will pay the equivalent of £3,000 per year. The present guarantee is capped at £2,500, up to 31st March 2023, as regards a typical household.
• A one-off payment of £900 will be paid to households on means-tested benefits (income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance; income-related Employment and Support Allowance; Income Support; Pension Credit; Universal Credit; Child Tax Credit; Working Tax Credit) across the UK in 2023-24.
• Pensioner households (those with people over State Pension age) will receive a one-off payment of £300 Pensioner in 2023-24.
• A one-off Disability Cost of Living Payment of £150 to recipients of extra-costs disability benefits across the UK in 2023-24.