What is the aim of the grant?
- To assist nightclubs and soft play areas who have been closed since March 2020 due to the Covid-19 restrictions.
What is the grant?
- It is a one off grant of up to £50,000.
- It is based upon the rateable value of the premises.
- A rateable value of £18,000 or under – Grant of £10,000.
- A rateable value of £18,001 to £51,000 – Grant of £25,000.
- A rateable vale of £51,001 or more – Grant of £50,000.
- Businesses with multiple premises will be eligible to claim one full grant plus grants of 75% of the standard rate on each subsequent property.
- Grants will be restricted if the business has successfully applied to the Cultural Organisations & Venue Recovery Fund (COVRF). Only the excess over the COVRF will be granted.
What is the eligibility criteria?
- Limited companies, sole traders, Trusts and partnerships are eligible.
- The business must have been fit to trade on 1st March 2020 and not insolvent as at 1st October 2020 or have had directors disqualified under the Company Directors Disqualification Act.
- Business premises must be registered for Non Domestic rates. Businesses that pay rates through their landlord are still eligible to apply.
Who will not be eligible?
- A business in breach of Covid-19 regulations.
- Businesses connected to tax havens.
- Businesses who have reopened since March. For example, where a nightclub has changed its licence to reopen as a pub or ‘play’ premises which reopened for play frame activities.
- Courtesy soft play areas (e.g. car showrooms, airports, restaurants). It must have a separate ‘pay to play’ charge.
How do you obtain the grant?
- Your local authority (LA) where your headquarters are based, will contact you.
- You must pursue only one claim for all locations working with that particular LA.