01224 208729 info@fyfemoirassociates.com First Floor, 5 Abercrombie Court Prospect Road Arnhall Business Park, Westhill, AB32 6FE

Self Employed Income Support Scheme

The Self Employed Income Support Scheme (SEISS) Portal link

Just in case you haven’t seen the Claim portal for the self-employed income support claim, please see the link below:


We have been made aware that many self-employed individuals have been waiting to receive  their letters from HMRC which have not materialised. We emphasise to the Self Employed the importance to go through the eligibility checker rather than wait for correspondence which might never turn up. Please also note that the checker itself might not be right. In a small number of cases it has stated that the person concerned is eligible when they are not. For example, the person has incorporated their business in 2019/20*. In some cases, they are stating they are not eligible when both the client and the accountant think they are. If that is the case ensure that you insist on a review which can be accessed through the checker.


*In Scotland

Newly Self-Employed Hardship Fund

If you are newly self-employed facing hardship and you meet all the criteria, you are eligible for a £2,000 grant.


Am I eligible?

You must sign a declaration confirming that you meet all of the following criteria:

  • you became self-employed on/after 6 April 2019 (did not submit a tax return including income from self-employment for 2018-19)
  • over 50% of your individual income is from self-employment
  • your trading profits were below £50,000 in financial year 2019-20
  • you have lost business due to coronavirus and are suffering financial hardship as a result
  • you are ineligible for other COVID-19 related business support (including the Business Interruption Loan Schemes, Corporate Finance Fund, Job Retention Schemes, Future Fund, R&D Focussed SMEs Fund, HMRC Self-Employment Income Support Scheme, Non-Domestic Rates relief, Small Business Grant or other business support)
  • you do not receive working age benefit payments (Universal Credit, Statutory Sick Pay, Employment and Support Allowance, Job Seekers’ Allowance, Income Support) or have applied for but not yet started receiving Universal Credit or an advanced payment of Universal Credit
  • you trade as self-employed, not as a limited company. If in a partnership, you are self-employed for pay and tax purposes
  • you have taken steps to limit costs and expenditure (including through schemes such as VAT deferral and seeking a mortgage payment holiday)
  • you do not have access to sufficient savings or other sources of income to meet basic needs

Applications should be made to your Local Authority – check the website for guidance