Who is MOTRF aimed at?
- Marine and boating tourism operators (MBTO).
- Outdoor wildlife, adventure and activity sector tourism businesses (OWAA).
- These business sectors will be faced with seasonal re-commissioning and re-start costs ahead of the 2021 season.
What is the MOTRF grant?
- The grants will be paid over a range of award amounts up to a maximum of £15,000 per company.
- There is a fixed amount of funding available so the final amount awarded to a successful applicant will be determined once all applications are received and vetted.
What businesses in the (MBTO) sector maybe eligible?
- Bareboat charter.
- Skippered charter or sail/cruise holidays.
- Day boat trips.
- Visitor moorings and pontoons.
What businesses in the (OWAA) sector maybe eligible?
- Guided short and long-distance rural walking day trips or holidays using qualified guides.
- Guided mountaineering / outdoor climbing guided day trips or holiday using qualified guides.
- Guided short and long-distance rural mountain bike and cycling trips/experiences and holidays including e-bikes using qualified guides.
- Guided pony treks and holidays as a tourism activity.
- Guided kayaking/ sea kayaking/ canoeing/river tubing/white water rafting/kite surfing /surfing
- Guided stand-up paddle boarding.
- Guided canyoning / gorge walking /coasteering.
- Guided wild swimming /snorkelling and diving.
- Guided land yachting/dinghy sailing/windsurfing holidays and experiences.
- Guided 4×4 off-road driving and quad biking activities.
- Guided Bush craft & Survival/Caving/Tree Climbing.
- Bungee Jumping/ Zip Wire.
- Guided Snow sports experiences and activities.
- Guided rural running/trail running holidays.
What is the criteria for each MOTRF?
- The eligibility guidance notes for each MOTRF sector can downloaded on the link below:
Scottish Marine & Outdoor Tourism Fund – COVID-19 | VisitScotland.org
What is the MOTRF application process?
- Applications for the fund will close at 5pm on Tuesday 9 February. See the link below to apply:
Apply for the Marine & Outdoor Tourism Fund – COVID-19 | VisitScotland