Who is it aimed at?
- Licensed taxi and private hire drivers who have been financially impacted by Covid-19.
What is the grant?
- A one-off taxable grant of £1,500.
What is the qualifying criteria?
- You must be licensed from 9th October 2020 to at least 31st January 2021.
- Up to 31st December 2020, you must have experienced loss of income (50% of turnover, compared with 2019) and incurred overhead costs and expenses.
- Up to 31st December 2020 you must have been working, or available for work, as a taxi or private hire driver and not be in receipt of state benefits payments or have applied for, but not yet started, receiving Universal Credit at the time of applying.
Who is not eligible?
- A taxi or private hire driver whose licence was suspended on or before 31st December 2020 and that remains current and valid.
- You must not have breached Covid-19 regulations.
- You must not have connections with tax havens.
The application process?
- Your local authority should get in touch with you in the week commencing 18th January either by letter or email.
- You do not need to contact the local authority.
- The local authority may request evidence to support your eligibility.
- Local authorities should set up an appeals process if they reject your right to the grant.